Full image | Loop
Current Conditions - Naches, WA
5 Day Forecast for ZIP Code 98929
Forecast for Naches
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
afternoon for western Kittitas County...
A Winter Weather Advisory for western Kittitas County remains in
effect until 4 PM PST this afternoon.
* Snow accumulations: 2 to 9 inches. The highest accumulations
will be near the Cascade crest and above 2500 feet.
* Timing: light snow will begin this morning. Snow will increase
by late morning. Snow levels will gradually rise by late this
afternoon changing the precipitation over to rain.
* Locations include: Cle Elum... Easton
* winds: local wind gusts may cause drifting snow near the crest.
* Impacts: snow accumulating on roadways will cause hazardous
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow is occurring or is
expected to develop and accumulate. Travel may be hazardous...
especially on bridges... overpasses... and secondary roads.
Motorists are urged to use extreme caution... and slow down to
adjust for rapidly changing driving conditions and reduced
visibilities. For additional weather information... check our web
site at www.Weather.Gov/Pendleton.
... Flood Watch remains in effect from this afternoon through
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Oregon and Washington... including the following
areas... in Oregon... central Oregon... East Columbia river gorge
of Oregon... east slopes of the Oregon Cascades and north central
Oregon. In Washington... east slopes of the Washington Cascades
and Simcoe Highlands... eastern Columbia River gorge of
Washington... Kittitas Valley and the Yakima Valley.
* From this afternoon through Monday afternoon
* moderate to heavy rainfall along the east slopes of the Cascades
will lead to rising rivers as well as the small creeks and
streams. Snow levels will start off around 2500-3000 feet... but
will quickly rise to over 6000 feet by Sunday afternoon.
* Small creeks and streams will start to rise today with the
larger rivers seeing substantial rises tonight and Sunday. Minor
flooding will be possible Sunday evening into Monday evening for
the Deschutes river near Moody... and the Naches River near
Naches. Several other rivers are expected to crest at action
stage... but are not forecast to reach flood stage. However... the
small creeks and streams could see minor flooding... especially
Sunday as moderate rain and snow melt are expected to occur.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor the latest forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
121 am PST Sat Dec 20 2014
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a
* Flood Watch for
the Naches River near Naches
* from Sunday evening to late Monday night.
* At 11:15 PM Friday the stage was 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 17.8 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by Sunday evening.
* The river is forecast to reach a maximum stage of 18.3 feet by late
Personal Weather Stations
|Copyright © 2014 The Weather Underground, Inc.|