Current Conditions - University Place, WA
Forecast for University Place
The Flood Warning continues for
the Puyallup river near Orting
* from 8 am Tuesday until noon Wednesday.
* At 3:45 am Wednesday the flow was 5210 cfs.
* Flood flow is 4500 cfs.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river has crested and will continue to fall to below
flood flow late Wednesday morning.
* Impact... at 4500 cfs... the Puyallup river will flood some areas
along the upper Puyallup river above Orting. Areas include but are
not limited to the neadham Road vicinity... Orville Road east
vicinity in areas south of Brooks Road east and north of electron
Road... and the country subdivision/tomolla tree farm vicinity.
Lat... Lon 4692 12227 4705 12228 4712 12233 4724 12219 4715 12214
... Flood Watch now in effect through Friday afternoon...
The Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of western Washington... including the following
counties... Skagit... Whatcom... King... Lewis... Pierce...
* through Friday afternoon
* in the short term... flooding continues early this morning on the
Cowlitz... Snoqualmie... and stillaguamish rivers. In
addition... several rivers could still reach flood stage today including
the Skykomish... Snohomish... and Nooksack.
* The next concern is a vigorous frontal system that will bring
another 3 to 5 inches of rain to the Olympics and Cascades
tonight through Thursday night. The snow level will be 5500 to
* The rain could result in flooding on any of the flood-prone
rivers that flow off the west slopes of the Cascades. This
includes but is not limited to the Cowlitz... Deschutes... The
Reach of the Puyallup near Orting... white... green... Snoqualmie...
tolt... Skykomish... Snohomish... stillaguamish... Skagit... and
Nooksack rivers. Of course many of these rivers are already
running high... and they will have little time to recede before
heavy rain arrives tonight and Thursday.
* Given the rainfall amounts that are expected... major flooding is
Monitor the weather and be ready to act quickly if flooding is
observed or more warnings are issued.
Personal Weather Stations
|Copyright © 2014 The Weather Underground, Inc.|