Full image | Loop
Current Conditions - Yelm, WA
Forecast for Yelm
The Flood Warning continues for
the Cowlitz river at Randle
* until this afternoon.
* At 3:45 am Wednesday the stage was 19.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Forecast... the river crested at 19.1 feet at 1 am Wednesday and
will continue to fall to below flood stage this morning.
* Impact... at 18.0 feet... the Cowlitz river will cause minor flooding
from the vicinity of Randle downstream through Riffe Lake...
covering nearby farm lands and several roads.
Lat... Lon 4645 12180 4645 12194 4640 12219 4654 12220 4659 12198
... Flood Watch now in effect through Friday afternoon...
The Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of western Washington... including the following
counties... Skagit... Whatcom... King... Lewis... Pierce...
* through Friday afternoon
* in the short term... flooding continues early this morning on the
Cowlitz... Snoqualmie... and stillaguamish rivers. In
addition... several rivers could still reach flood stage today including
the Skykomish... Snohomish... and Nooksack.
* The next concern is a vigorous frontal system that will bring
another 3 to 5 inches of rain to the Olympics and Cascades
tonight through Thursday night. The snow level will be 5500 to
* The rain could result in flooding on any of the flood-prone
rivers that flow off the west slopes of the Cascades. This
includes but is not limited to the Cowlitz... Deschutes... The
Reach of the Puyallup near Orting... white... green... Snoqualmie...
tolt... Skykomish... Snohomish... stillaguamish... Skagit... and
Nooksack rivers. Of course many of these rivers are already
running high... and they will have little time to recede before
heavy rain arrives tonight and Thursday.
* Given the rainfall amounts that are expected... major flooding is
Monitor the weather and be ready to act quickly if flooding is
observed or more warnings are issued.
Personal Weather Stations
|Copyright © 2014 The Weather Underground, Inc.|